A waist cincher is a bodice that is designed to make the waist smaller to give that natural feminine sexy silhouette. Waist Slimmer Corset , usually goes over the waist line and can run under the bust area to set it up and down your hips to tone them up. Latex waist cinchers and waist trainers are very popular because of the amazing properties of the material in serving the waist training needs.
Whereas waist cinchers are primarily designed to offer women that sexy curvy look, there are some that are designed for corrective reasons. The waist cinchers do come with a number of benefits but then again it is important to remember that you will only manage to enjoy these benefits when you choose the right cincher for your body shape and size.
1. They give you a small waist
The little waist is what every woman yearns for because it is what is considered ideal and this is exactly what your waist cincher will fetch you. The garments come lined with metal or plastic strips also known as boning to offer the much needed support around the waist. The boning is what packs the body into the shape desired hence giving that small waist effect to make you look stunning in your outfit.
2. They help improve posture
The boning on the garment is strong enough to keep your posture right; there are reduced chances of showing awful stance or slumping some when you are wearing a cincher. These garments in reality end up confining your development to a certain degree, thus improving your posture in the process.
3. They offer considerable back support
Back support is very important, especially when working out or when you are out strolling. When you have a waist cincher, you can utilize it for the occasion as a belt that offers you the back support that you need. When you wear it during workouts it does not only offer the back support to keep injuries and pains minimal but it can also help in firming the muscles and burning fats aiding weight loss in the end.
4. Waist cinchers can slim you down
If you are feeling conscious about your weight and you want to appear slimmer than you really are, then the cinchers are the way to go. The garments can be worn under clothes to conceal defects of bigger stomach or waist thus leaving you looking smaller. The results maybe temporary unless you are thinking of training your waist but at least the cincher will make it possible for you to look amazing in your favorite outfit especially when attending an important occasion.
5. They prepare the midsection for more grounding
Important to note is that waist cinchers are a little different from waist trainers basically around the results that they can get for you. The high pressure cinchers apply to the midsection helps in preparing it for more grounding, especially if you are thinking about graduating into waist training.
If you keep up with fashion trends, chances are you've heard a thing or two about waist cinchers. Many women have embraced the revival in corsets and waist trainers today! They have been around for 500 years or more... they're not exactly new! Back in the day, women fought for the right to go without wearing them. Now, they're back in style! Before you join in the fun, keep these things in mind.
What is a Waist Cincher, Exactly?
A waist cincher can also be known as a corset or waist trainer. It's an undergarment that wraps around the waist to give it shape. It has vertical steel boning in it to provide the contouring. It will have a laced-up portion, usually in the back, that can be used for adjusting the level of tightness on the waist.
When Did We Start Thinking that this was a Good Idea?
Between 1500 and 1550, they made corsets with whale bone instead of steel boning. They called them "bodices". By 1796, the high Empire waist came into style. With it, corsets didn't need to be as tight and restricting as they had been. They followed the more natural curve of a woman's body.
During the Victorian era, the Empire waist was gone and corsets were back with a vengeance. They added different materials into the build. Can you imagine a corset made of steel or wood? During the 1920's women started to rebel against wearing the uncomfortable contraptions.
The Dior couture look has been credited for bringing back the hourglass waist look in 1947. In the fifties, girdles did the job of keeping the average woman looking pretty in her A line dresses.
The sixties and seventies... well, we know what happened there. Women didn't even want to wear bras, let alone girdles or corsets. Fast forward to now. Spanx are in, waist trainers and corsets are back on the scene. It's interesting to wonder what comes in the future for underwear.
How a Waist Cincher Works
While you are wearing it, you may have a tiny waist. It works by pushing the water weight out of your waist. It can bend your ribs and shift your organs too. Some people talk about a lasting effect, but evidence shows that it's not true. The results will only be temporary, as it all goes back to normal shortly after you remove the cincher.
Some women love the look of tight lacing. This is just what it sounds like, and involves tightening up the lacing incrementally. Although this may be painful, it gives you the tiniest waist. Experts warn against lacing too tightly, and breaking a rib. Bruising in the ribs is not uncommon in women that choose to engage in tight lacing.
Do Cinchers Offer a Shortcut for Body Shaping?
We are all hoping for a shortcut... a pill, ointment, or device such as the waist cincher to help us have a nicer shape. It news is in - it's still diet and exercise that needs to be in place to lose weight and shape up. Always keep in mind that the shape of your waist is going to be directly related to your genetics. If hourglass waistlines run in your family, you've got a better chance than most of having one. Heredity is your best chance at a slim waist... or not!
Now, some women will swear by them. They insist that they've been proven for centuries. And that they definitely work in getting you the body shape you're looking for. It's true that women have depended on them through the ages. It's also true that women have suffered the effects on their bodies. Bruised and cracked ribs, organ damage, and fainting spells are the tradeoff for the perfect figure in waist cinchers.
Of course, plastic surgeons would argue that a better, safer result could be realized through surgery. Tummy tucks offer a way to immediately trim fat from the midsection. In cases of obesity, bariatric surgery will get the weight off, but under medical supervision.
For long term weight loss and body shaping, particularly in the waist, core exercises will do the trick. Add in some good aerobic exercise on a regular basis, and you're on your way to a slimmer waist.
Are Cinchers Safe to Use?
Aside from the questionable benefits, there are some real health dangers. Relying on a corset or waist cincher to trim those inches can cause damage. Here's the lowdown.
Using these things will cause problems with your breathing. This may lead to lung problems. This may lead to damage to the lungs. When you deprive your body of oxygen, you set yourself up for metabolic problems. These metabolic problems can lead to weight gain.
So, you may get the opposite effect from the results you set out to achieve.
I Still Want to Try It... What Should I Watch Out For?
What if all this information hasn't swayed you away from waist cincher and waist trainers? If you're going to go ahead with it anyway, keep the following in mind:
- Only wear the waist cincher for a few hours at a time.
- Wear one that fits properly - not too loose or too tight
- Stop and take it off if you feel any numbness, tingling, breathing trouble, or stomach pain
Wearing a waist cincher continuously will cause damage to your health and body. Your ribs may shift and become bruised. Your organs will most likely become redistributed or damaged.
Are There any Advantages to Wearing a Waist Cincher?
Actually, there is one. Looking on the bright side, there is a benefit for those who have had back pain, injury, or back surgery. Wearing a waist cincher or corset while recuperating may help. They can offer support and pain relief to those dealing with back issues.
Now, there is a fashion element to waist cinchers and corsets. Some women wear them outside their clothes to show them off.
I hope you found this information useful. Waist cinchers aren't for everyone, but make sure you have the facts before you start a waist training program!
Does Waist Training Work?
This is another common question that we receive and the answer is always the same. It works if you work it. Your commitment directly determines the results you gain. As I always say, wearing a waist trainer for a couple of hours by itself will show results, but maintaining those results will be solely up to you. I always, always, recommend you use a waist trainer as a supplement to your fitness program. The results are miraculous if you do so. I cannot emphasize enough how resourceful waist training is if you include exercise and dieting.
What is Your Recommendation and How do I get Started?
Of course I would recommend waist training, but that is my personal opinion. I don't know about you, but I like my organs the way they are. The truth of the matter is, it all depend on your goals. If your goal is to lose weight and have an hourglass silhouette then Waist Training is for you.
If your goal is just to emphasize on your waist reduction, and if you like the sensation of your body being dramatically restricted then corset training is for you.
To each their own. The fact is, they will both reduce your waistline; the only difference is the process. I will always stand by waist training as it personally worked for me and many of my friends My goal is to educate people as much as possible on the subject matter. So, if you do not like my depiction of corsets, I understand. However, my depiction is the truth and most of my articles always have evidence and resources to prove the point. It's not like I'm writing randomly made up theories, these are actual facts.
To get started, you first have to identify your goal. This will enable you to identify which garment is for you, and what you are looking to accomplish. Once you have your goal, you need to pick a quality garment of course. The chap route always sounds great, but quality garments show quality results. eBay and Amazon are great for getting cheap products, but not great for getting great results.
Physical Benefits of Waist Training
The numerous benefits of wearing corsets are what attract thousands of women to this classic invention. The results are instantaneous and evidence by simmer waistline upon wearing a corset and there are sought after long-term benefits to be expedited as well. You will improve your posture, sculpt our figure and prevent any injury. Still not convinced? Let's check out a long list of amazing physical benefits today.
• Did you know that wearing corsets could strengthen your back and help you with injuries you have experienced in the past? Yes, wearing corsets is beneficial in this aspect. It also prevents osteoporosis and other disorders such as fibromyalgia and arthritis.
• By correcting postures, corsets help people with scoliosis manage better and make the back curve less pronounced. After a long time of wearing corsets, scoliosis patients can observe a significant difference in their body structure. A man with plantar fasciitis felt much relief from pressure after wearing corsets for a couple of months.
• One great benefit of corsets is the reduction of headaches since people who wear corsets often are inclined to improve posture, which prevent the nerves from the spine to constrict. Communication of the spine and the brain becomes less obstructed which in turn cause fewer migraines.
• We are stressing the importance of correct body posture in preventing lumbar injuries especially for people whose profession requires them to stand all day or do a lot of bending and lifting. Mechanics, nurses and carpenters experience back pains because of the nature of their work. When they wear corsets, it will gradually improve their physical support, which in turn will enhance their endurance.
• Corsets have been known to help prevent the weakening of joints experienced by those who have connective tissue disorders. By wearing corsets and improving their posture, they are less likely to encounter dislocation of joints and other physically altering injuries.
• Wearing waist trainers like corsets have marvelous benefits including helping singers with their vocal exercises. During concerts, they can come in handy because they help singers reach higher notes by adding pressure to the diaphragm.
• Asthmatic people can benefit greatly from using corsets because proper posture improves the opening of the lungs, which allows breathing to be free and consistent. Ask your physician regarding this benefit before you do engage in waist training so that you will know if your body can handle it and if your health will be affected for the better.
• A lot of women are thankful to corsets for alleviating the pain of menstrual cramps when they are on their period. It is quite a relief to them when they are in the office and not have to worry about experiencing pain while working. When wearing the corset, the framing puts pressure on the midsection including the peritoneal organs, which help with uterine contractions. This kind of pressure significantly relieves pain in the midsection area.
• Since corsets add pressure on the abdomen and somewhat acts as a girdle, you can expect abdominal hernias to be prevented. It is best to consult your doctor before using corsets as a way of avoiding abdominal hernias from getting worse. Our bodies differ and you might not be allowed to do this in your situation. It depends on what your body can handle and your doctor can help you determine this.
• Wearing corsets is not only preventive measure for injuries. It can also be an aid as a healing agent for abdominal injuries that are a lot worse especially the ones experienced after a car accident. The muscles in the abs region are strengthened on the external level, which in reality can stop them from collapsing.
• For women who have given birth, there are special types of corsets that can be used to help with diastasis recti or what is commonly referred to as the separation of the muscles I the midsection which occur when pregnant women are in the late stages of gestation. As a safety precaution, you can inquire about this subject with you OB because he/she can better explain this in detail.
• More than just he physical benefits of weight loss for people, wearing corsets can alter the psychological perception of people about their body. /when they wear corsets, they feel thinner which motivates them to use corsets often. The weight loss occurs when the corsets prevent the midsection fro getting bigger. People who wear corsets are less likely to over eat so the big picture will naturally show a much more in control person who experienced significant weight loss overtime.
• People with ultra fast metabolic rate also have problems gaining the necessary weight in order to get an hourglass figure. They may experience disorders such as hyperthyroidism. If they just wear corsets for a specific period of time, they will be able to eat better and the weight gain can be targeted to specific areas in the body through the framing of the corsets.
• It is not just celebrities who are looking at the great benefits of wearing corsets, so do athletes in different field of sports. Swimming coaches have encouraged their swimmers to wear waist trainers to they will have a better and more competitive form. Some swimmers who have already retired are also getting rid of their barrel chest through corset training. Athletes such as runners and body builders are noticing the benefits of wearing corsets on a regular basis an they have incorporated them in their warm up exercises as well.
Most of the physical benefits of wearing corsets are on the health side and it is good to see a licensed health practitioner or your family doctor regarding these benefits. Corset training is a great innovation of human being s and with the proper guidance; it can give you benefits that may affect your entire life in a positive way.